Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Training
- Deprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in menu_set_active_trail() (line 2404 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/includes/menu.inc).
- Deprecated function: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; views_display has a deprecated constructor in include_once() (line 3454 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/includes/bootstrap.inc).
- Deprecated function: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; views_many_to_one_helper has a deprecated constructor in require_once() (line 113 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/profiles/commerce_kickstart/modules/ctools/ctools.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: Drupal_visitor_user_country in training_calendar_block_data_sidebar() (line 181 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/sites/all/modules/custom/training_calendar_block/training_calendar_block.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: Drupal_visitor_user_country in training_calendar_block_data_sidebar() (line 197 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/sites/all/modules/custom/training_calendar_block/training_calendar_block.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: Drupal_visitor_user_country in tcs_form() (line 55 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/sites/all/modules/custom/training_calendar_search_block/training_calendar_search_block.module).
What is Six Sigma ?
"Six Sigma" is a business management strategy or a methodology used to minimize defects while improving the quality of output in a process. Six Sigma was originally developed and successfully implemented by Motorola, USA in 1986 which is widely used today in many sectors of the industry today due to its enormous success in cost saving and improving the maturity of a process. Its appropriate usage has saved organizations billions of dollars that was earlier lost due to undesired output and rework associated with it.
Six Sigma strategy can also be described as a disciplined, data-driven statistical methodology to eliminate defects in a process – application areas could be from manufacturing to transactional and from product to service, unending.
SIX SIGMA ADVANTAGE
Tremendous cost saving for the organization, employee satisfaction due to improvement in work flow, reduction in process times and steps, better usage of work space etc. One other major general reason for choosing Six Sigma methodology in an environment is its success in waste reduction and redundancy. Waste reduction could be measured in terms of improved time, work flow movement and decreased undesired consumption of resource.
SIX SIGMA GREEN BELT CERTIFICATION
An individual that is a certified Six Sigma Green Belt operates in support of or under the supervision of a Six Sigma Black Belt- he/she analyses and solves quality problems and is involved in process quality improvement projects. In addition, a Six Sigma Green Belt is someone who demonstrates his/her competence in using Six Sigma tools and processes while displaying a comprehensive understanding of Six Sigma’s five phased ‘defect minimization’ approach called DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control).
SIX SIGMA GREEN BELT COURSE OUTLINE
Six Sigma Overview- Origin, Impact, Approach etc
Define Phase- Project Charter, RACI, VOC, CTQ, Process mapping etc
Measure Phase- XY Diagram, FMEA, MSA, Six Sigma Calculation etc
Measure Phase cont’d
Analyse Phase- Histograms, Hypothesis testing, Plots, ANOVA etc
Improve Phase- Regression, Correlation, DOE etc
Improve Phase cont’d
Control Phase- SCP, Charts etc
Q&A session- FAQ, Six Sigma Green Belt project initiation guidance etc
Six Sigma key tools covered during the training
- QFD Matrix
- Data Integrity, Gage R&R
- Sigma computation, Hypothesis testing
- ANOVA, Chi square test
- Linear regression, DOE fundamentals
- FMEA, Control Charts etc