- Deprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in menu_set_active_trail() (line 2404 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/includes/menu.inc).
- Deprecated function: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; views_display has a deprecated constructor in include_once() (line 3454 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/includes/bootstrap.inc).
- Deprecated function: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; views_many_to_one_helper has a deprecated constructor in require_once() (line 113 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/profiles/commerce_kickstart/modules/ctools/ctools.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: Drupal_visitor_user_country in training_calendar_block_data_sidebar() (line 181 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/sites/all/modules/custom/training_calendar_block/training_calendar_block.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: Drupal_visitor_user_country in training_calendar_block_data_sidebar() (line 197 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/sites/all/modules/custom/training_calendar_block/training_calendar_block.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: Drupal_visitor_user_country in tcs_form() (line 55 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/sites/all/modules/custom/training_calendar_search_block/training_calendar_search_block.module).
About the Course
With data breaches capturing top news headlines, it is more important than ever for your organization to enhance its data security and compliance protocols. Developing security awareness for all employees who handle cardholder data is a cornerstone of the PCI Data Security Standard and helps to improve security, reduce the risk of data loss, and simplify meeting PCI requirements.
PCI Awareness Training is perfectly suited for anyone interested in learning more about PCI, with a focus on those individuals working for organizations that must meet compliance with PCI DSS. The course is offered as a one-day instructor-led training and as a four hour online eLearning course.
Who should attend:
You recognize how important payment card data security is to your business – and that payment card security is a shared responsibility. The next step is to enroll in PCI Awareness Training.
PCI Awareness Training is geared to a broad audience including executives, managers, and staff who are affected by PCI Compliance requirements. Anyone can benefit – no previous PCI knowledge is required.
Training is especially appropriate for: Audit Managers, Business Analysts, Compliance Officers, Credit Analysts, Finance Managers, IS Managers, IT Specialists, Project/Program Managers, Risk Management Analysts, Security Analysts, Senior Developers, Software Engineers, System Administrators, Web Masters.
This entry-level course outlines the problems surrounding payment card security and explains what the PCI Standards do to mitigate these problems.
PCI Awareness training provides basic knowledge of PCI DSS for individuals working for organizations that must meet compliance requirements and offers companies an opportunity to provide general PCI training across multiple functional areas to ensure a universal understanding of PCI compliance.
This course will provide you with the tools to build a secure payments environment and achieve PCI compliance.
- Overview of PCI requirements and how they enhance data security and support compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard
- PCI DSS Program Overview
- Payment Industry Terminology
- Payment Transaction Flow
- Service Provider Relationships
- Who does what: roles and responsibilities of the key players in the compliance process
- Includes high-level overviews of the Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), Internal Security Assessor (ISA), Payment Application Qualified Security Assessor (PA-QSA) and Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) programs.
- How PCI reporting and validation requirements differ for the various payment card brands
- Payment Brand Compliance Programs
- PCI Data Security Standard (DSS) version 3.0 overview
- What constitutes compliance
- Testing procedures for validating compliance
- PCI reporting overview
- Synopsis of the infrastructure used by organizations to accept payment cards and communicate with the verification and payment facilities
What are the benefits?.
Knowledge of and compliance with data security standards (12 requirements for any business that stores, processes, or transmits payment cardholder data) can bring major benefits to your business, while failure to comply can have serious and long-term negative consequences.
You’ll become familiar with the requirements that businesses must adhere to in order to accept payment cards and to store, process, and/or transmit cardholder data.
- Improve customer loyalty and preserve the reputation you’ve worked so hard to establish
- Control costs and gain tangible, real-world insights on best practices
- Understand PCI compliance before you go through an assessment with a QSA
- Drive PCI DSS compliance efforts across your business
- Earn continuing education credits
- Completion of this course may help satisfy PCI DSS requirement 12.6 for general security awareness.