ITIL® Intermediate Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) Certification Training
- Deprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in menu_set_active_trail() (line 2404 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/includes/menu.inc).
- Deprecated function: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; views_display has a deprecated constructor in include_once() (line 3454 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/includes/bootstrap.inc).
- Deprecated function: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; views_many_to_one_helper has a deprecated constructor in require_once() (line 113 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/profiles/commerce_kickstart/modules/ctools/ctools.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: Drupal_visitor_user_country in training_calendar_block_data_sidebar() (line 181 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/sites/all/modules/custom/training_calendar_block/training_calendar_block.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: Drupal_visitor_user_country in training_calendar_block_data_sidebar() (line 197 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/sites/all/modules/custom/training_calendar_block/training_calendar_block.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: Drupal_visitor_user_country in tcs_form() (line 55 of /var/www/html/practical_methods_com/public_html/sites/all/modules/custom/training_calendar_search_block/training_calendar_search_block.module).
Operational Support and Analysis (OSA)
The Operational Support and Analysis Certificate is intended to offer candidates a balanced knowledge of ITIL practices. It is also a Capability Stream module for those working towards the ITIL Expert Certification.
- Enable projects avoid incidents by doing Event Management and proactive Problem Management
- Result in higher customer satisfaction by reducing downtime
- Provides a well established mechanism for Service Requests handling
- Helps in the creation of Organization Units in the form of Functions
- Service Management as a Practice
- Service Operation Principles
- The Processes pertaining to Operational Support and Analysis across the Service Lifecycle
- How all processes in ITIL Operational Support and Analysis interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- How to use the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- The importance of IT Security and its contributions to ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- Understanding the technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- The challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks associated with ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- Specific emphasis on the Service Operation Lifecycle processes and roles included in:
ØEvent Management which defines any detectable or discernible occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT Infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service
ØIncident Management which has the capability to bring services back to normal operations as soon as possible, according to agreed service levels
ØRequest Fulfillment which fulfils a request providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity or the quality of business services and products
ØProblem Management which prevents problems and resulting Incidents from happening, to eliminate recurring Incidents and to minimize the impact of Incidents that cannot be prevented
ØAccess Management which grants authorized users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorized users
- Operational activities of processes covered in other Lifecycle stages such as:
Ø Change Management
Ø Service Asset and Configuration Management
Ø Release and Deployment Management
Ø Capacity Management
Ø Availability Management
Ø Knowledge Management
Ø Financial Management for IT Services, and
Ø IT Service Continuity Management
Organizing for Service Operation which describe functions to be performed within the Service Operation and Support such as Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management