ITIL® Qualification Scheme
ITIL® Qualification Scheme broadly contains hierarchical levels in the form of and beginning from “Foundation” level, the “Intermediate/ Practitioner” level, the ”Expert” level and then the “Master” level. It is important to complete one level before moving on to the next in the same order. Each level has credits (points) associated with it which is depicted in the above diagram in the form of numbers. To be an ITIL® Expert one needs to obtain 22 credits and PASS the MALC certification exam.
Note: ITIL® Expert is a status that one obtains after successful completion of MALC exam hence it does not have any specific certification exam associated with it.
The ITIL® Master Qualification is the highest level in the Official ITIL® Qualification Scheme. To achieve the ITIL® Master Qualification the candidate must be able to explain and justify how they selected and individually applied a range of knowledge, principles, methods and techniques from ITIL® and supporting management techniques, to achieve desired business outcomes. This means that the candidate needs to possess relevant IT Service Management experience.
The Managing Across the Lifecycle Certificate is the last in the Intermediate series of modules and provides candidates with the knowledge needed to implement and manage the skills associated with the use of the Lifecycle practices.
- Understand Business IT Integration.
- Understand Risk Management Activities.
- Understand and customize ITIL based on Industry verticals.
- Introduction to IT Service Management Business and Managerial Issues
- Managing the Planning and Implementation of IT Service Management
- Management of Strategic Change
- Risk Management
- Understanding Organizational Challenges
- Service Assessment
- Understanding Complementary Industry Guidance
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why should I choose Practical Methods for my learning/certification needs?
Practical Methods envisions creation of sustainable intrinsic growth for people and organizations at every step.
We house a collective industry knowledge amounting to thousands of work hours, so do some of the best out there, however there is a key aspect that differentiates us from others, our ability to focus on creating the shortest path from point 'A' to point 'B'; the path of least resistance as it is generally understood. With this in mind and an empirical approach to knowledge sharing, we engineer methods and solutions which are practical and that which actually "WORK", the rest is simply not of any interest to us!
- We are an accredited organization with various offerings and solutions catering to
- Our programs are heavily focussed on implementation knowledge than mere exam preparation- leading to better comprehension of the subject matter from real life perspective while understanding practical deployment challenges etc
- Our consultants possess a combined experience of over 2+ decades in the field of Quality Management, IT Service Management, Project Management, ITES etc
- Out trainers possess 17 + years of implementation and consulting experience cutting across various domains
- Our Instructors possess training experience in 20+ countries
- Our high quality programs are priced extremely reasonably
- We offer unlimited post classroom support
2. How many days is the program duration?
MALC module is a 4 full day program. The time duration per day would be an approximate of 9 hours.
3. Who is the target audience for this course?
All the aspiring and current IT/ITes professionals.
4. Who are the Authorized Examination Providers for this course?
TÜV SÜD Akademie, EXIN, APMG-International, BCS-ISEB, Loyalist Certification Services, DANSK IT, DF Certifiering AB, CSME and CERT-IT.
5. How long is my certification valid?
ITIL® certifications remain valid for a life time hence there are no Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR).
6. Which is the current and previous version of ITIL®?
Post 2012 ITIL® will be referred to as ITIL®, without reference to any specific version.
7. What are the Examination pre-requisites for this level?
- ITIL® Foundation Certification completion is mandatory to appear for the certification exam pertaining to this level.
- Contact hours pertaining to all the Intermediate modules requires to be acquired through an ATO (Accredited Training Organization)
8. Will I be able to implement the knowledge that I obtain through this program?
Even though the Foundation Course objective is to help the participants familiarize themselves to the various ITIL® concepts and terminologies, our unique delivery model also ensures that the participants can actually apply the acquired knowledge in their work environment; this is made possible via our proven mechanism of hands-on/ role play/case study based assignments during classroom sessions.
9. Do I get any post certification support, coaching, mentoring and career counselling?
Our trainers are the real world consultants who believe in being associated with the participants on long term basis while facilitating project assistance and guidance on-demand basis.
10. What is the pattern and difficulty rating for this exam?
The Exam consists of 8 scenario based questions with no negative marking. One needs to score 28 marks out of possible 40 marks. The rating is based on gradient marking scheme whereby the best answer would fetch 5 marks, the second best would fetch 3 marks and the third best- 1 mark. The time allotted for this exam is 90 mins. The difficulty level of this exam is rated as ‘Moderate’.
11. How long do I have to wait for the results of my multiple choice examinations?
Candidates receive the result within a week while the hardcopy of the certificate is dispatched to the candidate’s registered postal address within 4 weeks of the examination session.
12. What languages are the ITIL examinations available in?
The Foundation examinations are available in English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese and Russian. The Practitioner examinations are available in English only. The Service Manager examinations are available in English, German and Russian.
For information on any of the above programs and its advantages, kindly email us your
request at firstname.lastname@example.org