ITIL Foundation Course
ITIL Foundation Certification
The "Foundation Level" is the entry level qualification which offers candidates a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle, including the linkages between Lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to Service Management practices.
ITIL® Foundation advantage
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this qualification, candidates can expect to gain a general overview, basic knowledge and understanding of ITIL®.
Successful completion of the Foundation qualification also fulfils the prerequisite entry criteria (2 credits) for the next level of study within the ITIL® Qualification Scheme, the ITIL Intermediate Level.
This qualification empowers you with
- A basic understanding of the ITIL® framework
- An understanding of how ITIL® can be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- The Knowledge within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL®, who needs to be informed of, or contribute to an ongoing service improvement program
The ITIL® qualification is open to any individual who may have an interest in the subject.
ITIL® Foundation Level Course Outline
- Module 1 – Introduction
- Module 2 – Service Lifecycle
- Module 3 – Service Management as a Practice
- Module 4 – Key Principles, Models and Concepts
- Module 5 – Lifecycle Phases:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
- Integration of the 5 Core Processes
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why should I choose Practical Methods for my learning/certification needs?
Practical Methods envisions creation of sustainable intrinsic growth for people and organizations at every step.
We house a collective industry knowledge amounting to thousands of work hours, so do some of the best out there, however there is a key aspect that differentiates us from others, our ability to focus on creating the shortest path from point 'A' to point 'B'; the path of least resistance as it is generally understood. With this in mind and an empirical approach to knowledge sharing, we engineer methods and solutions which are practical and that which actually "WORK", the rest is simply not of any interest to us!
- We are a globally accredited organization with various offerings and solutions catering to varied domains
- Our programs are heavily focussed on implementation knowledge than mere exam preparation- leading to better comprehension of the subject matter from real life perspective while understanding practical deployment challenges
- Our consultants possess a combined experience of over 4+ decades in the field of Quality Management, IT Service Management, Project Management, Operations Management, Design & Development etc in a multitude of domains
- Our Instructor/s possess training experience in up to 20+ countries
- Our high quality programs are priced extremely reasonably
- We offer a truly world class support system with 24hr turn around
2. Who is the target audience for this course?
All the aspiring and current IT/ITes professionals.
3. Who are the Authorized Examination Providers for this course?
TÜV SÜD Akademie, EXIN, APMG-International, BCS-ISEB, Loyalist Certification Services, DANSK IT, DF Certifiering AB, CSME and CERT-IT.
4. How long is my certification valid?
ITIL® certifications remain valid for a life time hence there are no Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR).
5. Which is the current and previous version of ITIL®?
Post 2012 ITIL® will be referred to as ITIL®, without reference to any specific version.
6. What are the Examination pre-requisites for this level?
This level does not have any prescribed pre-requisites.
7. Will I be able to implement the knowledge that I obtain through this program?
Even though the Foundation Course objective is to help the participants familiarize themselves to the various ITIL® concepts and terminologies, our unique delivery model also ensures that the participants can actually apply the acquired knowledge in their work environment; this is made possible via our proven mechanism of hands-on/ role play/case study based assignments during classroom sessions.
8. Do I get any post certification support, coaching, mentoring and career counselling?
Our trainers are the real world consultants who believe in being associated with the participants on long term basis while facilitating project assistance and guidance on-demand basis.
9. What is the pattern and difficulty rating for this exam?
The Exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions with no negative marking. In order to ‘PASS’ the exam the candidate needs to mark 26 correct answers. The time allotted for this exam is 60 mins. The exam is rated at a difficulty level of BLOOM’S level 2 on a scale of 1-5 (1 being the easiest and 5 being the most difficult).
10. How long do I have to wait for the results of my multiple choice examinations?
Candidates receive the result immediately while the hardcopy of the certificate is dispatched to the candidate’s registered postal address within 3 weeks of the examination session.
11. What languages are the ITIL examinations available in?
The Foundation examinations are available in English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese and Russian. The Practitioner examinations are available in English only. The Service Manager examinations are available in English, German and Russian.
About ITIL® Intermediate Certification Overview, FAQs...
kindly email us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org